Monday, March 06, 2017

Plants & Happiness


I was walking the isles of Ross Saturday, looking at all the pretty things they have out in the home section, repeating myself over and over again telling my boys not to touch anything, just look, no touching...the week has been stressful, I needed a "me break" from reality and when I really need one of those I always end up at Ross just looking at all the neat home decor that is out for the season and what they have marked down because its going out of season. As I'm walking I start to think about the week over and over, about how this could have been worse, about how it could have gotten better, or how it may flow into next week; mostly about how I will handle it without breaking down and losing my mind...I flipped chapters in my mind to when life was much simpler, how life has really changed over the years and then I started to wonder about what would make me happy...

Happiness has many meanings to various people; to some its about what surrounds them, to others its material things, and to a few select it could be a mixture of both...For me, its my surroundings; I feel happiest when I am with my kids on the weekends, making dinner over loud music with a cool breeze floating through the window; being cuddled up under a blanket with Jim watching a show; having coffee and flipping through Pinterest before my day even starts; or walking around in a garden full of beautiful plants and flowers just taking in nature...

As I burst back into reality thanks to my youngest son trying to play with a car on the shelf I see some fake plants sitting on one of the higher shelves and decide to take a few home; I figure it may brighten my day a little more or at least my afternoon after a long day at work to see something so pretty in the dead of winter where I live that I can keep alive without any effort on my part.

If you would like to read more on how plants help your well-being please visit the following links...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome and much appreciated however, I reserve the right to publish or not publish a comment based on its contents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...